RENCI is pleased to announce a beta of the second open source release of E-iRODS, managed and overseen by the iRODS Consortium.
This release marks a significant step towards a full plugin architecture while remaining API compatible with the community iRODS releases. We are committed to keeping Federation with community iRODS grids a first class use case.
3.0.1b1 includes all community bugfixes through iRODS 3.3.
The release notes include:
– API Compatibility with Community iRODS for purposes of Federation
– Met all US Export Control requirements for distribution
– Introduced pluggable interface for networks
– Introduced pluggable interface for authentication
– Native iRODS password
– LDAP (via PAM)
– Additional coordinating resource plugins
– Migration support for composable resources
– Rebalance mechanism
– Adding/removing child resources with existing data
– itrim from child resources of replication resources
– Full python-based testing framework
– Certified against full Jargon test suite
– Continuous integration testing via hudson
– Continuous static analysis via cppcheck
– Increased code coverage from ~50% to over 56%
– Continuously built and tested across 3 major linux distributions
– Packaged for 3 major linux distributions
This release includes packages that have been tested on CentOS 5 and 6, SuSE 11 and 12, and Ubuntu 10 and 12.
E-iRODS Manual (3.0.1b1), Oct 2013 (PDF, 390KB)
Please find the latest files available at ftp://ftp.renci.org/pub/eirods/releases/3.0.1b1/.
Please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.