RENCI is pleased to announce the second open source release of E-iRODS, managed and overseen by the iRODS Consortium.
This release marks a significant step towards a full plugin architecture while remaining API compatible with the community iRODS releases. We are committed to keeping Federation with community iRODS grids a first class use case.
3.0.1 includes all community bugfixes through iRODS 3.3.
The release notes include:
- API Compatibility with Community iRODS for purposes of Federation
- Met all US Export Control requirements for distribution
- Introduced pluggable interface for networks
- Introduced pluggable interface for authentication
- Native iRODS password
- LDAP (via PAM)
- Additional coordinating resource plugins
- Migration support for composable resources
- Rebalance mechanism
- Adding/removing child resources with existing data
- itrim from child resources of replication resources
- Tree view for visualizing resource hierarchies
- Full python-based testing framework
- Certified against full Jargon test suite
- Continuous integration testing via hudson
- Continuous static analysis via cppcheck
- Increased code coverage from \~50% to over 56%
- Continuously built and tested across 3 major linux distributions
- Packaged for 3 major linux distributions
- Support for package upgrade via package manager
This release includes packages that have been tested on CentOS 5 and 6, SuSE 11 and 12, and Ubuntu 10 and 12.
E-iRODS Manual (3.0.1), Nov 2013 (PDF, 430KB)
Please find the latest files available at http://irods.org/download.
Please send feedback to email@example.com.