The iRODS Consortium brings together businesses, research organizations, universities, and government agencies to ensure the sustainability of iRODS by:
• Guiding further development of the software;
• Growing the user and developer communities; and
• Facilitating iRODS support, education, and collaboration opportunities.
The Consortium maintains and supports a commercial-grade distribution of iRODS
The iRODS Consortium fields a team of software developers, application engineers, and support staff housed at RENCI at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Each year, the Consortium hosts the iRODS User Group Meeting, a symposium that draws 100+ participants to Chapel Hill to share iRODS technologies and case studies.
The iRODS Consortium provides support through Consortium membership and on contract. Commercial support is available through the iRODS Partner Program. See the iRODS Support page for additional information.
iRODS Consortium Membership
iRODS Consortium members direct the technology and governance of iRODS through monthly Technology Working Group and Planning Committee meetings. In addition, Consortium members receive priority access to support, training, and consulting.
The iRODS Consortium can also assist commercial members in bringing iRODS-related products and services to market by:
• Providing directed software development and support,
• Including vendor equipment and software in the iRODS continuous integration and test environment, and
• Co-marketing vendor technology that is "Powered by iRODS."
Additionally, Consortium staff are available to educate and co-present with member sales teams on iRODS and data management topics.
See the iRODS Consortium Benefits Table
and contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information about Consortium membership.