The iRODS User Group Meeting is your chance to meet iRODS users, Consortium members, and staff to discuss iRODS-enabled applications and discoveries, technologies powered by iRODS, and the future of iRODS and the iRODS Consortium.
We will host 25+ presentations from the user community and the core development team, including use case presentations, live demonstrations, and open discussions about requested iRODS features. We anticipate an audience of 150 participants representing dozens of academic, government, and commercial institutions.
The iRODS Consortium will provide optional training sessions on Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
- BEGINNER iRODS TRAINING
- This hands-on workshop will demonstrate how to plan and deploy an iRODS 4.2 installation. We will explore storage resource composition, metadata operations, and rule development using graphical and command line interfaces.
- Four Core Competencies
- Planning an iRODS Deployment
- iCommands and Cloud Browser
- Basic Metadata
- Basic Rule Engine
- ADVANCED iRODS TRAINING
The iRODS development team will focus on advanced data management topics, design patterns, and new capabilities.
- Workflow Automation
- Composable Resources
- Rule Engine Plugins
- Data to Compute
- Compute to Data
- Automated Ingest: Filesystem Scanner
- Automated Storage Tiering
- Q&A: Troubleshooting, Bottlenecks, & Performance